Terms and Conditions
By applying for the ‘School for Female Leadership in the Digital Age’ Programme (hereinafter referred to as the “Programme”), applicants expressly accept the conditions for participation outlined below.
The organiser of the Competition is the Public Affairs and Communications Department of the Huawei EU Office, which is part of Huawei Technologies Belgium NV, Boulevard de la Woluwe 2b5, 1150 Woluwe-Saint-Pierre, with company number BE0550614956, (hereinafter referred to as the “Organiser”).
3.1 The Programme can only be entered by persons who, on the date of entry:
- Are able to make a positive contribution to the Programme and are positioned to pass on the benefits derived from Programme participation to a prospective wide community, hence promoting positive change;
- Are at least 18 years old;
- Are a citizen or a permanent resident of one of the 27 countries that are part of the European Union, of Ukraine or one of the ‘Western Balkan 6’ (North Macedonia, Montenegro, Serbia, Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina and Kosovo) on the date of entry;
- Will be able to take a flight or a train from an airport location within the European Union, specifically designated areas in Ukraine or one of the ‘Western Balkan 6’ (North Macedonia, Montenegro, Serbia, Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina and Kosovo) on Saturday 24 or Sunday 25 June 2023; flights outside this territory will not be covered by the Organiser and are at your own expense.. It is not possible to participate in the Programme if you are not physically in these areas on the days prior to the beginning of the Programme.
- Will be able to return to the same airport location as on of departure on Saturday 1 or Sunday 2 July; flightstransfers to other airportslocations will not be covered by the Organiser and are at your own expense.
- Will agree that the Organiser decides on the most convenient travel scheme and flights for every studentparticipant, according to the evolving requirements of the Programme; a. Any special requests will not be covered by the Organiser and are at your own expense.., while requests that affect the structure and requirements of Programme participation, such as missing sessions, might not be accepted and can result in the candidate being disqualified.
- Will be committed to attend the full Programme starting on Sunday 25 June 2023 and ending on Friday 30 June 2023. Both planned and unplanned absences can result in the candidate being disqualified, prior to the start of the Programme or throughout the course of the Programme.
- Are enrolled at an officially recognized educational institution within the European Union, Ukraine and or the ‘Western Balkan 6’ or, officially have an internship at the time of participation., or can demonstrate in a different, substantial way, how they would make a positive contribution to the Programme.
- Speaks fluent English equivalent to a level B12 or higher according to the international standards of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR). The Organiser can request candidates to prove this level at any time.
3.2 Employees of the Organiser, their immediate families, and employees of partners with whom it is collaborating to set up or complete this Programme are excluded from participation.
3.3 Submission is only possible at your own expense and joint participation is not allowed.
4.1 Applying for the Programme is free, and no purchase of goods and/or services is required.
4.2 The period for applications starts on 21st December 2022, 16:30h CET and ends on 15th March 2023, 23.59h CET (hereinafter referred to as the “Submission Period”). Applications received outside of this Submission Period will not be considered for participation in the Programme.
4.3 During the Submission Period, it is possible to apply for the Programme by correctly and completely filling in and sending the application form on the website www.europeanleadershipacademy.eu.
4.4 The Organiser shall not be liable for incomplete, incorrectly completed, lost or delayed entries for the nomination of candidates or for any malfunction or defect in the software designed to store the entrant's data.
4.5 The Organiser reserves the right to exclude entrants who violate these Terms of Entry, the conditions and prerequisites for Participation, falsify their candidacy or any information provided in relation to the conditions and prerequisites for Participation, misrepresent or make representations that violate applicable law or infringe any rights of third parties. If a participant is excluded, all prizes and benefits awarded may subsequently be withdrawn or reclaimed. In this case, a new winner will be selected according to the procedure in Section 5.
5. Prizes, designation of, and notification of the winners
5.1 The jury will consist of 29 independent experts appointed by Huawei Technologies Belgium NV [each will select one candidate from their respective EU Member State, with the exceptions of one jury member from Ukraine who will select one candidate of Ukrainian nationality and of one jury member who will select one candidate from the "Western Balkan 6", in accordance with the established prerequisites as per point 3.]
5.2 Subsequently, the 29 winners for participation in the Programme will be chosen by the respective Jury member designated by the Organiser for each country or group of countries.
5.3 The decision of the jury can always be revoked by the Organiser if after the selection it is determined that the candidate does not meet the Term and Conditions.
5.4 The Organiser will announce the 29 winners approximately two months ahead of the official starting date of the Programme (25 June 2023).
5.5 The winners will be notified by email and/or via phone and, by entering, authorize their names to be released on the Programme website and social networks.
5.6 Notified winners must confirm to the Organiser within 5 working days of notification that they accept their selection for the Programme and return the Student Agreement, duly completed and signed, to the Organiser. If the candidate does not provide the necessary information within this period, their participation will be cancelled. In this case, a new winner will be designated according to the procedure in point 5.7.
5.7 In the event that a winner does not validate their selection for the Programme within the stipulated time, their participation will be forfeited and the next in rank of the 3 candidates selected in the selection of the relevant country will be declared the winner.
5.8 The Organiser has the right to disqualify at any time winners who do not meet the requirements of the Student Agreement.
5.9 All candidates agree to participate in reasonable publicity following the disclosure and use of their name, image, biographical information, and submissions to promote the Programme and the European Leadership Academy.
5.10 Participation in the Programme is strictly personal and therefore not transferable to third parties and cannot be exchanged for money.
6. Usage rights
6.1 The entrant warrants that all materials submitted in support of their candidacy are free from any rights of third parties and that the entrant has the right to grant the Organiser the consent referred to in point 5.8.
6.2 The entrant agrees to release, discharge, indemnify, defend, and hold harmless the Organiser (including its partners, officers, employees and agents) from any claim by any third party arising out of any violation of section 6.1.
7. Data protection
7.2 Except for any liability for death or personal injury caused by its negligence, or for fraud or any other liability of the Organiser which cannot be excluded by law, the Organiser (including its affiliates, officers, employees and representatives) disclaims all liability for any loss or damage (including a loss of opportunity), whether direct, indirect, special or consequential damages in any way arising out of the Contest, including but not limited to the following: theft, unauthorised access or interference from third parties.
7.3 No account will be given for decisions of the Organiser.
7.4 In the event of circumstances beyond the Organiser’s reasonable control, or in other cases where fraud, abuse and/or error (human or technical) has or could have consequences for the proper execution of this promotion or the distribution of prizes, the Organiser reserves the right to cancel or change these terms and conditions at any stage.
7.5 If any provision of these Terms and Conditions is declared invalid by any law, rule, standard or regulation of any authority, or by a final order of a court of competent jurisdiction, such invalidity shall not affect the enforceability of any other provision if not declared invalid.
7.6 All legal relationships created under or in connection with these Terms and Conditions and the Programme are subject to Belgian law, unless the binding law of the participant's place of residence provides otherwise.